FPI-MINECO Fellowship at Structural Biology Unit – CIC bioGUNE
4 years Ph.D. position funded by FPI-MINECO from 2017 to 2020
The position is currently available at the Structural Glycobiology Group, Structural Biology Unit, CIC bioGUNE, Derio, The Basque Country, Spain.
The Structural Glycobiology Group investigates the structural determinants and the modulation of substrate specificity of proteins involved in the biosynthesis and modification of glycans. We use a multidisciplinary approach including X-ray Crystallography, Small Angle X-ray Scattering, Electron Microscopy, Protein Biophysics, Protein Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, to elucidate mechanistic aspects of these processes at the molecular level. Research is concentrated – but not limited – on two main lines: (1) Carbohydrate-Modifying Enzymes and (2) The cell envelope of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
Candidates, with a Masters Degree in Sciences or related fields and a clear interest in Structural Biology/Bacterial pathogenesis/Glycans, should submit as soon as possible a cover letter, a CV with BA/BSc qualifications and the e-mail addresses of potential references to Prof. Marcelo GUERIN.
Some selected publications by The Structural Glycobiology Group:
- Cifuente et al., Structure 24:1613-1622 (2016).
- Albesa-Jové et al., Curr Opin Struct. Biol. 40:23-32 (2016).
- Rodrigo-Unzueta et al., J. Biol. Chem. 291:13955-13963 (2016).
- Albesa-Jové et al., Nat. Commun. 7:10906 (2016).
- Albesa-Jové et al., Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 54:9898-9902 (2015).
- Giganti et al., Nat. Chem. Biol. 11(1): 16-18 (2015).
- Andrés et al. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 53(27):6882-7 (2014).
- Albesa-Jové et al., ACS Chem. Biol. 9, 1567-75 (2014).
- Albanesi et al., PLoS Pathog. 9, e1003108 (2013).