“Juan de la Cierva” Contract at the University of Zaragoza (BIFI)
Deadline: January 7th, 2020.
The Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities has announced the 2019 call to support 2-year postdoctoral contracts at Universities and Public Research Institutions in Spain, within the Juan de la Cierva program (Incorporación y Formación), for recently granted PhDs. The contracts will start in 2020.
The research will be on how GalNcAc-Ts and other glycosyltransferases recognise and catalyse their protein substrates, and the implications of these processes in different diseases. The project will be done at the Institute of Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems – BIFI.
How to apply
Applicants should send a CV together with two recommendation letters, addressed to Dr. Hurtado-Guerrero (E.mail: email@example.com) before January 7th, 2020.
The candidates must possess a Master’s degree in either Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacy or Veterinary. Their CV should contain a list of manuscripts published during their PhD or Postdoctoral Position and details of their final grades in their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. In addition, they should have interest in structural biology.
For more information and the full text of the calls (in Spanish), please follow these links:
- Juan de la Cierva – Incorporación
- Juan de la Cierva – Formación
- Biophysics area at the Institute of Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems – BIFI
Most relevant publications of the group in the last few years:
- De Las Rivas ML et al., Nature Chemical Biology (2020), just accepted
- De Las Rivas ML et al., Current Opinion in Structural Biology (2019), DOI: 10.1016/j.sbi.2018.12.007.
- De Las Rivas ML et al., ACS Central Science (2018), DOI: 10.1021/acscentsci.8b00488.
- Park JB., Nature Communications (2018), DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-06680-6.
- Bermejo IA et al., JACS (2018), DOI: 10.1021/jacs.8b04801
- Rivas ML et al., Nature Communications (2017), DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-02006-0
- Somovillas VJ et al., JACS (2017), DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b09447
- Raich L et al., JACS (2016), DOI:10.1021/jacs.5b10092
- Valero-González J et al,. Nature Chemical Biology (2016), DOI:10.1038/nchembio.2019
- Martínez-Sáez, N, et al., Chemical Science (2016), DOI: 10.1039/C5SC04039F
- Martínez-Sáez N et al., Angewandte Chemie International (2015), DOI: 10.1002/anie.201502813
- Lira-Navarrete E et al., Nature Communications (2015), DOI: 10.1038/ncomms7937
- Lira-Navarrete E et al., Angewandte Chemie International (2014), DOI: 10.1002/anie.201402781