DGA predoctoral fellowship at University of Zaragoza (BIFI)
The “Diputación General de Aragón” – DGA offers fellowships to carry out a PhD Thesis on the molecular recognition of GalNAc-Ts and other glycosyltransferases on protein substrates at the Universidad of Zaragoza, Institute for Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems – BIFI.
The research will be on how GalNcAc-Ts and other glycosyltransferases recognise and catalyse their protein substrates, and the implications of these processes in different diseases. The project will be done at the Institute of Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems.
How to apply
The CV together with two recommendation letters should be addressed to Dr. Hurtado-Guerrero before September 12th. The candidates must possess a Masters degree either in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacy or Veterinary. Their CV should also contain the final grade of their studies. In addition, candidates should have interest in structural biology. Applications should be sent to the following address:
University of Zaragoza
Most relevant publications in the last years:
- Bermejo IA et al., JACS (2018), DOI: 10.1021/jacs.8b04801.
- Rivas ML et al., Nature Communications (2017), DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-02006-0.
- Somovillas VJ et al., JACS (2017), DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b09447.
- Raich L et al., JACS (2016), DOI:10.1021/jacs.5b10092.
- Valero-González J et al,. Nature Chemical Biology (2016), DOI:10.1038/nchembio.2019.
- Martínez-Sáez, N, et al., Chemical Science (2016), DOI: 10.1039/C5SC04039F.
- Martínez-Sáez N et al., Angewandte Chemie International Edition (2015), DOI:10.1002/anie.201502813.
- Lira-Navarrete E et al., Nature Communications (2015), DOI: 10.1038/ncomms7937.
- Lira-Navarrete E et al., Angewandte Chemie International Edition (2014), DOI: 10.1002/anie.201402781.