Biophysics of Proteins at Surfaces
October 13 – 15, 2015, Madrid, Complutense University (Spain).
BPS Thematic Meeting | Biophysics of Proteins at Surfaces: Assembly, Activation, Signaling.
Meeting Web Site: Follow this Link
This meeting will focus on different aspects related to the biophysics of tuning protein functions through their assembly into biological or engineered surfaces.
Particular aspects covered will include:
- Effect of the interaction with surfaces on the molecular structure of proteins and protein assemblies, with special interest in the modulation by surface-promoted orientation and two-dimensional accumulation of lipid-protein and protein-protein interactions
- Effect of two-dimensional organization and entropy loss on the modulation of protein function
- The potential of introducing properly engineered surfaces to generate new or improved protein-based applications
- Abstract Submission: June 15 2015
- Early Registration: June 23
Félix Goñi, Basque Country University, Spain
Marjorie Longo, University of California, Davis, USA
Jesus Perez-Gil, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
Nancy Thompson, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Marisela Velez, Higher Council for Scientific Research, Spain