Small angle neutron and X-ray scattering from proteins in solution
EMBO | Practical Course: Small angle neutron and X-ray scattering from proteins in solution. 18 – 22 May 2015, Grenoble (France).
Course Web Site: Follow this Link
This EMBO Workshop will cover the use of small angle scattering (SAS) of both neutrons and X-rays for the determination of the structures of biological macromolecules. Particular attention will be paid on this course to sample preparation and the analysis and interpretation of SAS data in a biological context. The aim of this course is to enable the participants to maximise the information gained from the SAS technique in their future experiments.
- Small angle scattering theory
- Sample requirements for a successful small angle scattering experiment
- Data analysis, model building and interpretation
- Isotope labelling strategies for small angle neutron scattering
- Analysing small angle scattering in conjunction with data obtained from other techniques (NMR, AUC, EM, SEC-MALLS)
- 1 March 2015, Registration
The aim of these grants is to facilitate the participation of those coming from labs located in countries in need of scientific strengthening (whether located within Europe or internationally). Priority is given to selected participants working in the following countries: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Taiwan and Turkey.