Postdoctoral research position in quantitative fluorescence nano-imaging & single molecule dynamics
ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences in Barcelona, Spain is offering a Postdoc to a highly-motivated candidate who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in the field of Quantitative Cell Biology and Biophysics developing and using novel biophysical approaches based on single-molecule imaging & dynamics. Candidates with a strong background in experimental physics, optics, biophysics, or related fields with a strong interest in the development of advanced imaging techniques and quantitative data analysis are invited to apply.
The successful candidate will work at ICFO under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Maria Garcia-Parajo as part of the Single Molecule Biophotonics (SMB) research group. The SMB group focuses on development of advanced optical techniques to the study of biological processes on living cells at the nanoscale. The successful candidate will be involved in an interdisciplinary project, with research being conducted at the crossroad between optics, physics, biophysics and cell biology.
The project aims at the development of novel optical nanoimaging and single molecule dynamics technologies to resolve multiscale dynamic processes at the nanoscale, both intracellular and at the level of the cell membrane. The successful candidate will develop multicolour single particle tracking imaging using different illumination modalities (epi, TIRF, HILO or light sheet). The candidate will further combine this technology with super-resolution optical microscopy methods (STED, STORM), quantitative data analysis and biophysical modeling.
Eligibility and application procedure
- Candidates must hold an internationally recognized PhD or equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) preferably in photonics, optics, experimental physics or biophysics.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of excellence in experimental research. Positively valued will be experience in advanced fluorescence microscopy, single molecule biophysics and data & image
analysis (ImageJ, Matlab, C++, LabView etc…).
- The formal application should be submitted online via: http://jobs.icfo.es/?detail=319
- Selected recent publications: P. Winkler et al., ACS Nano DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b03177 (2017). F. Cella Zanacchi et al., Nature Methods DOI: 10.1038/nmeth.4342 (2017).
- Please visit the web page of the Single Molecule Biophotonics (SMB) research group at ICFO.