Postdoctoral Position at the Small Biosystems Lab
Small Biosystems Lab, University of Barcelona, Barcelona (Spain).
The Small Biosystems Lab from the University of Barcelona is offering a postdoctoral position to do research in the framework of PROSEQO – Protein Sequencing using optical single molecule real-time detection. The contract can start immediately and will be for one year with the possibility of an extension up to 3 years.
The position is for carrying out research in the development of a plasmonic optical trap to control the translocation of a molecule through a nanochannel. The lab aims to develop research at the highest international level, and candidates with different backgrounds that fit into this environment are especially encouraged to apply. The candidate will carry his/her individual research project and help the PI to supervise younger researchers and other projects in the lab.
Required qualifications and experience
- PhD in sciences, preferentially physics, biology or chemistry.
- The candidate should have skills and experience in optical instrumentation and preferentially (but not necessarily) in optical tweezers, plasmon physics or nanopores.
- Any previous experience with single molecule techniques and optical trapping will be specially considered.
- The candidate should be a very independent and hard working person, highly motivated and ambitious, aiming to develop a solid scientific career in a very interdisciplinary research environment.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a CV and a letter explaining research interests and previous experience via e-mail to professor Félix Ritort.
- Download an advertisment of this position.
- Visit the Small Biosystems Lab webpage.