Postdoc Position in Cell Membrane Biophysics Using Single Molecule Approaches
Postdoctoral research position open at the Institute of Photonic Sciences – ICFO, Single molecule biophotonics research group (Prof. Maria Garcia-Parajo) Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain).
ICFO is devoted to research and education of the optical and photonic sciences at the highest international level. The Single molecule biophotonics research group focuses on the development and application of advanced photonic techniques, including near- and far-field approaches, fully adapted to the study of biological processes at the single molecular level on living cells.
The project revolves around the application of super-resolution optical nanoscopy and single molecule dynamic approaches to study receptor interactions in cell membranes of the immune system. In particular, the successful PostDoc will investigate the role of the transmembrane protein Siglec-1, expressed on dendritic cells (DCs), on HIV-1 uptake and infection of T cells using a combination of super-resolution nanoscopy, single molecule dynamic approaches and in-vivo multi-photon microscopy.
The project will be performed in close collaboration with the group of Javier Martinez-Picado at IrsiCaixa (http://www.irsicaixa.es/en/node/11981/investigadors).
Eligibility and Conditions
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D. or equivalent degree preferably in biophysics, cell biology or related fields.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of excellence in experimental research.
- Positively valued will be experience in optical microscopy, single molecule biophysics and computer programming (ImageJ, Matlab, C++, LabView etc…).
- No restrictions of citizenship apply to the ICFO post-doctoral contracts.
- The contract is offered for periods of one year, renewable for a total of up to two years.
The call will remain open until suitable candidates are identified.
- The formal application should be addressed by e-mail to Prof. María García Parajo:
- Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest
- Curriculum Vitae, including full address, a contact phone number and e-mail address
- The contact e-mail of three potential referees
Please visit the web page of the Single molecule biophotonics research group at ICFO.