PhD and Postdoctoral research positions in Membrane-based nano-mechanobiology
Deadline: November 1 st 2018.
ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences, a centre based in Castelldefels (Barcelona, Spain), devoted to research and education of the optical and photonic sciences at the highest international level, is offering several PhD and postdoctoral positions to well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientists who wish to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly, international and stimulating environment.
The successful candidates will be part of a recently granted Advanced ERC project to be carried out at the Single Molecule Biophotonics group led by Dr. Maria Garcia Parajo.
This highly multidisciplinary project
will combine knowledge in super-resolution microscopy, single molecule imaging and mechanobiology of immune cells. The successful candidates will employ cutting-edge tools to study how adhesion receptors of the immune cells sense and respond to mechanical stimulus by changing their nanoscale organization and dynamics on the cell membrane and how this affects mechanotransduction and cell response.
Eligibility and Conditions
- PhD candidates must hold a Master-equivalent degree in Experimental Physics or Biophysics.
- PostDoc candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) preferably in cell biology, single molecule biophysics, super-resolution microscopy or related fields.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of excellence in experimental research. Strong background in integrin biology, cell mechanics or mechanotransduction are highly desirable.
The formal application should be submitted following the link: jobs.icfo.eu. Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including full address, a contact phone number and e-mail address,
- The contact e-mail of three potential referees.
Please visit http://www.icfo.eu/.
Link to Maria Garcia Parajo group.
Link to the BioNano program at ICFO: bionano.icfo.eu.
For more information about the project and/or scientific requests please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.