‘La Caixa’ predoctoral training – 2016 call
“La Caixa” grants for doctoral studies in Spanish universities and research centres
Find below a list of Biophysics Positions for this call announced in this site.
Deadlines: Closing date of the call: February 29th, 2016.
‘L’Obra Social ”la Caixa” ‘, convinced of the importance of research and scientific progress, mobility and professional qualification, for the development of Society, opens a grants programme for young scientists who want to obtain a doctor degree in any University or Research Centre in Spain.
Conditions and application
- Nationality: The applicants must be Spanish.
- Academic: The applicants must fulfil the conditions to study a doctorate degree, with a University Degree obtained at any date between January 2011 and June 2016. Furthermore, they must demonstrate knowledge of English, with a University of Cambridge First Certificate, or equivalent.
- Duration: The grants are given for a maximum of three years. The starting date will be September-October 2016, or in exceptional cases, not later than January 2017.
- Mobility: The applicants must perform doctorate studies in a University different from the one where they graduated. They also have to change Autonomous Region, from he one where they had their normal residence or activity.
- Salary: The grants include gross annual amounts of € 36000, plus an extra price of € 7500 for those who defend their thesis within 6 months after the third year.
- Application: Applications have to be performed through the web site of l’Obra Social ”la Caixa”.
There will be a pre-selection step. Preselected candidates will be call for an interview in Barcelona in May 31st 2016.
In order to apply, the candidates will have to mention an existing Spanish research group to which they would like to integrate. No admission letter in the group, or name of a thesis director, is needed during the selection step. The final agreement with the group and thesis director will be made after the selection process, and it will be possible to change the group of choice, provided it belongs to the same area of research.
List of positions announced in this site with links to specific information:
- Project: Protein-protein interactions involved in chromatin remodelling.
Host group: Biointeractomics, cicCartuja, Sevilla.
- Project: Image processing in Electron and Soft-X-ray microscopies.
Host group: Biocomputing Unit of the Spanish National Center for Biotechnology, CNB-CSIC, Madrid.