FPI-MINECO predoctoral fellowship at University of Zaragoza (BIFI)
The Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness – MINECO offers a predoc fellowship (former FPI) to carry out a PhD Thesis on “GalNAc-Ts molecular recognition on protein substrates: rational design of peptide-like inhibitors, implications in disease and relationship with alpha klotho at The Institute for Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems – BIFI of the University of Zaragoza – UNIZAR. This fellowship is associated to the MINECO grant/project BFU2016-75633-P.
The research will be on how GalNcAc-Ts recognise and catalyse their protein substrates, and the implications of these processes in different diseases. The project will be done at BIFI under the supervision of Dr. Ramón Hurtado-Guerrero.
How to apply
Interested canidates should send a CV together with two recommendation letters to Dr. Hurtado-Guerrero (Biophysics Department, BIFI, email@example.com), before September 27th. The candidates must possess a Master’s degree either in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacy or Veterinary. Their CV should also contain the final grades of their graduate and Master’s degrees. In addition, they should have interest in structural biology. See below for the address,
See the following “link” for more information about this call: http://www.unizar.es/gobierno/vr_investigacion/sgi/convocatorias.php.
Most relevan publications of the host group in recent years:
- Raich, L., et al., JACS (2016), Doi: 10.1021/jacs.5b10092
- Valero-González, J., et al,. Nature Chemical Biology (2016), Doi: 10.1038/nchembio.2019
- Martínez-Sáez, N., et al., Chemical Science (2016), Doi: 10.1039/C5SC04039F
- Martínez-Sáez, N., et al., Angewandte Chemie International (2015), Doi: 10.1002/anie.201502813
- Lira-Navarrete, E., et al., Nature Communications (2015), Doi: 10.1038/ncomms7937
- Lira-Navarrete, E., et al., Angewandte Chemie International (2014), Doi: 10.1002/anie.201402781