DGA predoctoral fellowship at University of Zaragoza (BIFI)
Deadline: July 16th, 2019.
The Diputación General de Aragón (DGA) offers fellowships to carry out a PhD Thesis at the Universidad of Zaragoza (BIFI), about the molecular recognition of protein substrates by GalNAc-Ts and other glycosyltransferases.
The research will be on how GalNcAc-Ts and other glycosyltransferases recognise and catalyse their protein substrates, and the implications of these processes in different diseases. The project will be done at the Institute of Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems.
How to apply
The candidates must possess a Master in either Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacy or Veterinary. Additionally they should have interest in structural biology. Applicants should send a CV together with two recommendation letters, addressed to Dr. Hurtado-Guerrero (E.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) before July 16th, 2019. The CV should contain details about the final grades of the applicat’s degree and Master.
Additional information can be found through the following links:
Most relevant publications in the last few years:
- Bermejo IA et al., JACS (2018), DOI: 10.1021/jacs.8b04801
- Rivas ML et al., Nature Communications (2017), DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-02006-0
- Somovillas VJ et al., JACS (2017), DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b09447
- Raich L et al., JACS (2016), DOI:10.1021/jacs.5b10092
- Valero-González J et al,. Nature Chemical Biology (2016), DOI:10.1038/nchembio.2019
- Martínez-Sáez, N, et al., Chemical Science (2016), DOI: 10.1039/C5SC04039F
- Martínez-Sáez N et al., Angewandte Chemie International (2015), DOI: 10.1002/anie.201502813
- Lira-Navarrete E et al., Nature Communications (2015), DOI: 10.1038/ncomms7937
- Lira-Navarrete E et al., Angewandte Chemie International (2014), DOI: 10.1002/anie.201402781