DGA and FPU predoctoral fellowships at University of Zaragoza (BIFI)
The group of Dr. Ramón Hurtado-Guerrero offers two predoc positions to work on the molecular recognition of GalNAc-Ts on protein substrates at The Institute for Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems – BIFI of the University of Zaragoza – UNIZAR.
The research will be on how GalNcAc-Ts recognise and catalyse their protein substrates, and the implications of these processes in different diseases. The project will be done at the Institute of Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems.
How to apply
Competitive candidates will apply for fellowships offered by the Diputación General de Aragón – DGA and/or the spanish Ministerio de educación, cultura y deporte (FPU program).
Interested canidates should send a CV together with two recommendation letters to Dr. Hurtado-Guerrero (Biophysics Department, BIFI, University of Zaragoza, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), before December 22nd. The candidates must possess a Master’s degree either in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacy or Veterinary. Their CV should also contain the final grades of their graduate and Master’s degrees. In addition, they should have interest in structural biology. See below for the address,
See the following links for more information about the open calls:
Most relevan publications of the host group in recent years:
- Rivas, M.L., et al., Nature Communications (2017), Doi: 10.1038/s41467-017-02006-0
- Somovillas, V.J., et al., JACS (2017), Doi: 10.1021/jacs.7b09447
- Raich, L., et al., JACS (2016), Doi: 10.1021/jacs.5b10092
- Valero-González, J., et al,. Nature Chemical Biology (2016), Doi: 10.1038/nchembio.2019
- Martínez-Sáez, N., et al., Chemical Science (2016), Doi: 10.1039/C5SC04039F
- Martínez-Sáez, N., et al., Angewandte Chemie International (2015), Doi: 10.1002/anie.201502813
- Lira-Navarrete, E., et al., Nature Communications (2015), Doi: 10.1038/ncomms7937
- Lira-Navarrete, E., et al., Angewandte Chemie International (2014), Doi: 10.1002/anie.201402781