Computational chemist position – Drug discovery
Full time, indefinite position based in Barcelona (Parc Científic)
IDP Pharma is a drug discovery company that develops first-in-class medicines directed to a novel type of therapeutic targets, intrinsically disordered proteins (IDPs).
The selected candidate will perform in-silico drug discovery activities, design and develop statistical tools and new methods of data analysis to aid in-silico drug discovery.
She/he should also design and maintain databases of chemical compounds, monitor and evaluate new computer technologies, work closely with experts in synthesis, pharmacist and other professionals in biomedicine and maintain contacts with the scientific community and academia.
- PhD or a minimum of 4 years in pharmaceutical industry, working in computational drug design/discovery.
- Programming skills (perl, python, C++, matlab, etc).
- Fluent in English.
- Design of peptides/peptidomimetics.
- Ligand-based virtual screening.
- Structure based virtual screening.
- Molecular field based modelling.
- Scaffold hopping.
- Library design.
Interested candidates should submit a full Curriculum Vitae to the following email address: email@example.com.