Call for 2017 BPS – Thematic Meeting Proposals
The Biophysical Society sponsors each year small focused-topic Thematic Meetings that are organized by Society members.
Submission deadline for proposals for 2017 meetings is July 10, 2015
What makes these meetings unique and exciting is that they bring together researchers who do not otherwise attend the same meeting, bringing together disparate disciplines to work on a common problem……the essence of biophysics. The meetings have taken place on six different continents (none for Antarctica yet!), reaching communities that often cannot attend the Society’s Annual Meeting.
Criteria for meetings sponsored by the Biophysical Society
- Organizers must be Society members.
- Topics must be timely, not recently addressed, and should foster interdisciplinary and international research.
- Each must be a standalone meeting, not a satellite to another meeting or an established small meeting that already meets periodically.
- Speakers must present new and exciting research.
- The proposed list of speakers must represent geographic, gender, and ethnic diversity.
- Domestic and international sites are appropriate.
- Joint meetings with other societies or institutions are appropriate when justified.
- Previous and upcoming thematic meetings can be viewed here.
- Proposals must be submitted through the onsite submission site.