6th Iberian / 10th Iberoamerican Biophysics Congress
6th International Iberian Biophysics Congress and 10th Iberoamerican Congress of Biophysics.
June 20 – 22, 2018, Castellón (Spain).
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, it is my pleasure to invite you to attend the 6th International Iberian Biophysics Congress and X Iberoamerican Congress of Biophysics. This international conference has a tradition of almost two decades. The 2018 edition is organized under the auspices of the Spanish Biophysical Society – SBE, the Portuguese Biophysical Society – SPBf and the Latin American Federation of Biophysical Societies – LAFeBS.
IIBC-2018 will be held in Castellón (Spain) on 20-22 June 2018, in the campus facilities of Universitat Jaume I.
The scientific program includes several Plenary Lectures, as well as Parallel Symposia on selected topics covering the main research areas of Biophysics. Symposia will host invited talks and also short communications selected from submitted abstracts with preference for young researchers. Following the tradition of previous Meetings, a New and Notable Workshop will take place in the morning of the first day. The organizers are committed to make the Poster Sessions a place for networking and the occasion of fruitful and lively discussions in a relaxed atmosphere. Reduced registration fees will apply to participants who are SBE members. Moreover, a number of grants sponsored by SBE and SPBf will be available to encourage young researchers’ participation.
Looking forward to seeing you in Castellón.
Vicente Aguilella, Chair of the Organizing Committee
- Third “IMAGIN’ACTION” image contest: February 19th 2018.
- Nominations for SBE Prizes: February 28th 2018.
- Application for Bursaries (SBE): March 5th 2018.
- Application for Bursaries (SPBF): February 20th 2018.
- Early Registration (low fee): April 27th 2018.
- Abstract Submission: April 27th 2018.
- Late Registration: June 20th 2018.
- A final version of the Abstracts Book has been carefully edited by Biofísica. You can find it at the PDF Archive, or download it directly from here.
- News note (in Spanish) about the RSEF-SBE Lecture by Prof. Jordi García Ojalvo
- A file with the Plenary Lecture by Celerino Abad-Zapatero is available from https://caz.lab.uic.edu/discovery/Cele%20Abad-Zapatero%20-%20IIBC2018-final.pdf.
- Milagros Medina and Javier Sancho wrote a Tribute to Prof. Carlos Gómez-Moreno.
- The Chairman of the Congress, Vicente Aguilella, has made a nice account on the Congress
- Final programme (PDF)
- Please, visit also the Congress Web Site.