1st Biology for Physics Conference: Is there new Physics in Living Matter?
January 15 – 18, 2017, Barcelona (Spain).
- December 11th, 2016 (extended). Abstract submission
- January 8th, 2016. Registration
The workshop aims to bring about 25 prominent scientists who have been working over the past years on several biologically motivated problems, have made outstanding contributions in their respective fields and for whom physics is an everyday source of inspiration to better understand biology. In this regard this is not a standard workshop where the latest scientific results on a well-defined topic are presented. Rather it is a forum where recent scientific results are presented but dressed in a way to convey the audience with personal views on the aforementioned questions and to trigger discussion and reflection on it.
Division of Physics and Life Sciences – DPL of the European Physical Society – EPS.
Chair: Dr Felix Ritort, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Physical principles of mechanochemical networks: new challenges for soft matter physics
- Systems biology and self-organization: from active matter to cells and tissues
- Stochastic thermodynamics: from single molecules to complex machinery
- Physics of biological evolution: from the second law to the selection of structures
Please, visit the Wrokshop Web Site.