ERC Annual Work Programme 2016
On 28 July 2015 the European Commission published the Annual Work Programme for 2016, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation
Three ERC frontier research grants will be available under Work Programme 2016: Starting; Consolidator; and Advanced Grants.
The ERC operates according to an “investigator-driven” (or “bottom-up”) approach, allowing researchers to identify new opportunities in any field of research, without thematic priorities. Under the first pillar (“Excellent science”) of the new EU Programme for Research and
Innovation (2014-2020), Horizon 2020, the ERC has had a budget of approximately €1.6 billion for each of the years 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Summary of main calls
- Starting Grants. The call opens on 29 July 2015 and the deadline is 17 November 2015
- Consolidator Grants. The call opens on 15 October 2015 and the deadline is 2 February 2016
- Advanced Grants. The call opens on 24 May 2016 and the deadline is 1 September 2016
Principal Investigators whose proposal was evaluated as category B at step 2 in the Starting, Consolidator or Advanced Grant calls for proposals under Work Programme 2015 will not be subject to restrictions in calls for proposals made under Work Programme 2016.
ERC Principal Investigators will also continue to be able to apply for Proof of Concept Grants.
- The programme package can be downloaded from here.
- Information for Applicants: Starting and Consolidator Grant calls 2016.
- Applications will need to be made through the Participants Portal.
- ERC website.
- The EU Framework Programme for research and Innovation Horizon 2020.